Role Play Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dancing in the Rain

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dancing in the Rain - Page 3 Empty Re: Dancing in the Rain

Post  Ikuar Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:06 pm

"Please don't try. Just do it... to the best of your ability. I want you to be happy and I want you to move on. That's all. It would break my heart if you never loved again."
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

https://roleplayden.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:34 pm

"I will," I said, holding her hand to my face, "And I will take you dancing out in the rain before you die." I wanted Iris to be happy so she can die without regrets.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:38 pm

"Thank you." I was so happy that he wanted me to experience those things. I wanted to experience those things with someone I love. "You have to love again though, okay? Promise?"
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:50 pm

"I promise," I said, giving her hand a gentle kiss. I didn't know if I could live up to my promise, though. I have been emotionally attached to her for a month now and I didn't know what would happen if she wasn't there anymore.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:38 pm

It was a rainy day. A beautiful day to me. I smiled at the window and then turned to the door. He'd be coming in soon.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:55 pm

"Alright, I can do this..." I said as I approached her room. I had gotten strong enough to walk on my own. I was so nervous I could almost feel my heart beat. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and entered. "Hello, Iris," I said in the happiest tone I could muster, "Are you ready for your debut?"
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:58 pm

I nodded. I could walk a little bit so when we danced I could handle it.

Soon we were out in the rain and it felt like magic. Every little hit to my skin the droplets took felt amazing and I felt more alive.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:19 am

I took my hand in hers and we danced in the rain. I could feel the raindrops on my skin for the first time in a long time. I looked down and saw how happy she was in my arms. "How do you like it so far, Iris?" I asked, wanting to hear her opinion.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:24 am

"I love it. It's all I ever dreamed of." I leaned up carefully and kissed him. I adored him to no end. And then I cried, the happiest tears I'd cried in my whole life.

-*Elle*-

"Good morning, Jake." I was a friend of his, rather a nurse. But I still liked to talk to him a lot and knew how close he was with Iris. I didn't have good news.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:34 am

"It's about Iris, isn't it?" I said, fingering the sheets. Her health had been worsening after our dance in the rain. She was transferred to the ICU just two days ago. I could tell by the tone in Elle's voice that something was wrong.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:39 am

I tried not to cry. I had become friends with Iris too.

"You two talked only yesterday. She seemed happy and so much better to me but during the night she said her chest hurt and she felt cold..." I took his hand, "She said she loved you, Jake. That was the last thing she told us. I'm so sorry."

A month after telling him the news Iris's art was printed and hung around the hospital. The art site she'd been on made a dedication to her. Her life changed many people for the better.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 am

I had grieved for Iris for several days before I moved on with my life. I felt like when she died, she took a piece of my soul with her. I did my best to keep my promise to her, even though it was hard on some days. I had visited her grave from time to time, bringing flowers with me.

Eventually, I had recovered enough from my illness that I was released from the hospital much to my surprise. Even though I had to take some medications to keep myself healthy, I was pretty much living a normal life like I wanted to. It took me a while to adjust to living on my own, but it was worth it! In the meantime, I had met a young woman who was willing to share her life with me. Although she'll never replace Iris in my heart, she had eased the pain that was left behind in her passing.

Looking back, I saw I had come a long way since that fateful day in the rec room. I never thought I'd have a future, but there I was, married and expecting our first baby in six months. I had a pretty good idea on what to name the child if she turned out to be a girl. I will never forget how she changed my life. And on rainy days, I would remember the dance Iris and I shared before she died. I had hoped that when my time comes, she'll be waiting for me and together, we'll dance in the rain in heaven for eternity.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum