Role Play Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dancing in the Rain

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dancing in the Rain Empty Dancing in the Rain

Post  Ikuar Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:49 am

I loved watching performers do magic on the stage with their feet and their voices. I loved watching many sort of action and drama pass before my eyes. And every time the rain fell I would picture myself standing in a simple grassy patch with my arms held out, eyes facing the sky and dancing in the rain. I wouldn't care how wet I became. I wouldn't care about the water in my shoes, soaking brand new, white socks. It didn't matter to me.

I watched the lightening outside. The rain pouring down heavily and beating against the hospital window. My hands gripped the sheets lightly, finger the scratch fabric of the top blanket, bright yellow against the otherwise, white walls and linoleum floors underneath. I blinked slowly. I watched for a rainbow while my mind aimlessly wandered again.

I wanted to dance in the rain.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

https://roleplayden.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Dancing in the Rain Empty Re: Dancing in the Rain

Post  Esther Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:32 am

I hate the rain.

It reminded me of when I was first admitted into the hospital. I was twelve back then, a child brought in by his parents because he feeling sick. What they thought was a mild illness turned out to be more serious than they could imagined. It was the beginning of the rest of my life.

I have been there for eight years and I felt like I was cheated out of my life. There were days when I was too sick to do anything but lay in my hospital bed. I had wished so many times I was healthy so I could live a normal life.

On rainy days like this, I would close my eyes and imagine myself being healthy, watching the street performers or even joining in.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:11 pm

I sat in my wheelchair in the rec room where other patients were talking and spending time together. I was eighteen years old and really had nothing more to expect in life than to be hospitalized. I was tired, bored and had nothing better to do than to finish studying online.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:40 pm

What can I say, I love the rec room.

It was the only place in the hospital where I could at least feel like a normal person. I would talk with the other patients, though I tend not to get attached to them as they would either recover and be released or die. Other than that, it was a decent place to be and I would come there on days when I was feeling well. My usual activities there were usually surfing the Internet and reading books.

On that particular day, I was wheeled in as usual and I headed for the computers to check on a few websites as well as chat with my friends. It was then I noticed a young woman sitting at the computer I usually use. Normally, I'd go to another computer if my usual on was occupied, but for some reason, I had decided to get closer to the girl and look over shoulder. I was about close enough to take a peek when my wheelchair collided with hers with a loud clang.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:46 pm

I felt like the wind was knocked out of me the way my chair moved. I had been on oxygen for a week when that happened and it really took my be surprise. I stopped what I was doing on the art site I often visited and turned to look at him. He looked a little bit surprised himself, at least I guessed that was it.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:02 pm

"Sorry!" I said, feeling embarrassed. I could feel the heat rushing into my cheeks as I looked away from her. I had to get myself calmed down, as stress in any form was not good for my weak body. I wondered what she would do next as I made myself face her. "Are you alright?" I asked, worried I might have caused some damage.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:06 pm

"I'm fine." I replied, "I just got a little bit startled for a moment but I'll be okay." I patted his arm gently and then looked back at the computer screen, browsing more art and other things I loved. I wanted to go outside and take photographs.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:30 pm

"That's a nice art site," I said, looking over her shoulder, "There are even some really good pictures!" I never thought I'd see something like this in my lifetime. As I viewed the pictures with the young woman, I felt something stir inside me. It wasn't a sick feeling, but more like an uplifting feeling one has when they suddenly discovered their purpose in life.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:02 am

"Some of my own art is here. Stuff I did before being hospitalized. But I do art here too." I nodded a little bit and clicked 'next' on the page. More photos and paintings popped up on the screen. It played a slide show, each picture showed for a moment before fading into a different one.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:20 am

I was enthralled as we looked at her art together. "That was pretty amazing," I said as the slide show went on. I never knew she was talented as an artist and a photographer. There was one thing that bugged me, though.

"What is your name, just out of curiosity?" I asked, hoping she'd answer.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:59 am

I heard him speaking to me again and looked to face him, "Iris." I replied softly. He had a cute face and I just couldn't help but smile at him, resting my arms on the desk in front of me.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:19 am

"That's a lovely name," I said, looking into her lovely brown eyes, "My name's Jake." I couldn't help but think how cute she was. I chuckled to myself, feeling lucky to have met this girl.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:47 am

"Thank you. It's nice to meet you as well." I turned to look at the screen again but stopped myself short of clicking anything. "Am I in your way?"
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:04 am

"No, that's okay," I said, settling down, "I have a pretty good view from here." I was close enough so I could see most of the computer screen. And besides, Iris herself was pretty good to look at!
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:07 am

"N-No... I mean were you wanting to use this?" I didn't always use the computers. sometimes I did but it was hard to really stay too long. I got tired so fast.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:30 pm

"Oh yeah," I said, remembering why I was here in the first place, "I guess you could say that. Actually, I was going to find another computer to use, but for some reason I was drawn to you. Weird, huh?" In the years I have spent in this hospital, I had learned to be patient as I tend to wait for a long time. I looked over at Iris and smiled. "I don't mind if you spent some time on the computer," I said, "I'm not in any hurry today."
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:33 pm

I shrugged, "No, I'm done actually." He had thrown me off a little bit with saying that he was drawn to me. I wasn't sure what to think of that line...
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:13 pm

"Okay," I said as I wheeled closer, "I won't be on too long, actually. I wanted to check out some websites and let my online friends know I'm still alive." I did wonder why I told her I was drawn to her. Now that I thought about it, it sounded a little weird.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:58 pm

He was peculiar. I watched him on the computer for a moment and leaned back in my chair. As much as I liked talking to new people, this one was bizarre in his own way.

Drawn to me? What did that mean?
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:38 pm

As I surfed the net and chatted with my friends, pondered on the strange series of events that I had experienced that afternoon. What on Earth possessed me to come near Iris? And why did I tell her I was drawn to her? The questions still plague me as I logged off, letting someone else use the computer.

"Hey Iris!" I called, hoping to get her attention, "I want to talk with you!" I felt like I wanted to get to know her for some reason.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:19 am

I was doing a puzzle when he called me. I knew if I turned too fast I'd strain myself so I waited for him to approach me instead.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:44 am

I smiled as I approached her, seeing that she was putting together a puzzle. "This looks like fun," I said, pulling up next to her, "Can I put it together with you?" I have to admit, I love puzzles. They keep my mind occupied whenever books or computers were not available.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:49 am

His hand grazed mine with the gentleness of a kitten tail smoothing against your skin. That's what it felt like to me. I met his eyes and struggled to figure out what I should say. How hard was it to say it was alright for him to help me?

My mouth hung agape.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:17 am

"Are you okay?" I asked, seeing her slack-jawed, "Should I get the doctors?" I got worried, thinking that something might have happened to her. I have seem stuff like this happen during my hospitalization and it even happened to me as well.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:20 am

I closed my mouth and shook my head, "N-No, I'm fine. It's alright." My eyes averted his and looked at the multiple puzzle pieces laying before me. I reached for one and gently pressed it into the space.

"You can help."
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next